Wednesday 28 January 2009

Theme/ MACBA

After some thought, I have decided what I want the theme of my blog to be. Obviously I have discovered many differences between Catalans and Americans in my first few weeks here in Barcelona. Specifically though, I want to focus on the differences in the way we view our built environment.
So here it goes! In my first experiences at Barcelona i've noticed that there are far more places in Barcelona's environment for people to hang out, relax, and have fun. Very rarely in the US (at least in the places that I have been) have there been places like this. I find it very relaxing and refreshing and I wish there were more places like this is the US. One place that we have visited that really shows the way the Catalans embrace an open space is the MACBA (museu d'art contemporani de Barcelona). Here are some pictures what a cool public space it is


No comments:

Post a Comment